The Reading Buddies program for children
Find out how to enroll a Reading Buddy.
- Is free
- Serves little buddies in Kindergarten-5th Grade
- Matches CU students one-on-one with little buddies for reading, writing and literacy activities
- Meets 1.5 hours per week for 13 weeks, fall and spring semesters;
- Has sessions on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 4:30-6 p.m.
- Meets at the Main Boulder Public Library Main Branch (1101 Arapahoe Avenue)
- Increases children's interest in books and reading;
- Is fun!
Check out this video created about the BoulderReads! Reading Buddies program at Columbine Elementary School (conducted in partnership with the Boulder Valley Family Literacy Program). The video was created by a group of CU students in Petger Schaberg's Program for Writing and Rhetoric at CU Boulder.
From CU Connections
CU-Boulder students, elementary schoolers discover ties that bind Reading Buddies a community partnership built via books
Reading Buddies is made possible by:
- A grant from the Boulder Public Library Foundation
- In-kind support from the University of Colorado
- In-kind support provided by big buddy volunteers from CU's Farrand Academic Program and Linguistics 1000