Become a Volunteer
To serve as a volunteer adult literacy tutor for BoulderReads! you must be able to:
- Commit to six months minimum
- Commit to meeting regularly with your learner once or twice weekly for 1.5 hours each time at a time that is convenient for you but that is relatively consistent
- Commit to planning for the lessons (rather than just winging it)
- Be available to meet with your learner at one of our six sites or a public location
- Submit our online tutor application and complete an interview
- Complete our entire 15 hour tutor training
For more information call BoulderReads! at (303) 444-5599, or fill out our Contact Form.
Upcoming 2014 Volunteer Training
When: Thursdays from 12-3pm: Jan. 23, Jan. 30, Feb. 6, Feb. 13, and Feb. 27
Where: Boulder Public Library Main Branch-1001 Arapahoe Avenue
How: fill out a Volunteer Application
- Tutor Training Application Deadline: January 9, 2014
- Volunteers are expected to attend all training sessions.