Become a Volunteer
To serve as a volunteer adult literacy tutor for BoulderReads! you must be able to:
- Commit to six months minimum
- Commit to meeting regularly with your learner once or twice weekly for 1.5 hours each time at a time that is convenient for you but that is relatively consistent
- Commit to planning for the lessons (rather than just winging it)
- Be available to meet with your learner at one of our six sites or a public location
- Submit our online tutor application and complete an interview
- Complete our entire 15 hour tutor training
For more information call BoulderReads! at (303) 444-5599, or fill out our Contact Form.
Upcoming 2014 Volunteer Training
When: Saturday, May 3 - 10 am-1 pm; Wednesday, May 7 - 5-8 pm; Wednesday, May 14 - 5-8 pm; Wednesday, May 21 - 5-8 pm; Saturday, May 31 - 10 am-1 pm
Where: City of Boulder's 13th Street Conference room (1720 13th Street)
How: fill out a Volunteer Application
- Tutor Training Application Deadline: April 11, 2014
- Volunteers are expected to attend all training sessions.